All who qualify are welcome to apply. Former Fresh Air Fund participants are given priority.
All applicants must:
- Be either 16 or 17 years old by June 28, 2023
- Live in and go to school in one of NYC’s five boroughs
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch under the USDA income guidelines
- Have an interest in working with children and improving leadership and communication skills through workshops and hands-on activities in an outdoor setting
- Be flexible and open to trying new programs and being a cooperative member of a team
Camps ABC, Hayden-Marks, Hidden Valley and Tommy:
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 28th – Friday, July 7th
- Session 2: Monday, July 10th – Thursday, July 20th
- Session 3: Monday, July 24th – Thursday, August 3rd
- Session 4: Monday, August 7th – Thursday, August 17th
- Session 1: Thursday, June 29th – Saturday, July 8th
- Session 2: Tuesday, July 11th – Friday, July 21st
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 25th – Friday, August 4th
- Session 4: Tuesday, August 8th – Thursday, August 17th
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 28th – Thursday, July 20th
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 26th – Thursday, August 17th
The CIT program is a progressive program and each session has a different focus.
- Session 1: Focus on personal purpose answering the questions “Who am I?” and “Who am I as a leader?”
- Session 2: Focus on planning –”How do I connect and work with others?”
- Session 3: Focus on practicing all the information learned and answering the question “Who am I going to be as a staff member?”
- Session 4: Focus on performance using all the skills learned and reflecting on how to continue to improve and grow.
- Info Session: To apply for the CIT program, interested applicants will attend an information session in December or January. The information session will include information about the program and the next steps of the application process. (To sign up for an information session, please call the Camping Department at 212-897-8919.)
- Child Application: All parents/guardians need to complete the child application via the family portal. A child application must be started to move on to the next steps.
- CIT Job Application: CITs will fill out a job application to express interest in the position, explain why they are suitable and provide reference contact information.
- Group Interview: After CITs fill out the job application, they will be contacted to schedule a group interview in February and March. References will be contacted after the interview. Final decisions will be made by early April.
- Payroll Paperwork: CITs will need to submit additional paperwork to be paid. All documents must be submitted by the set deadline in order for CITs to attend camp.
- Parent/Guardian Orientation: All parents/guardian and CITs must attend a mandatory orientation session pre-summer to review expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, please contact us at 212-897-8919 or email@example.com