All who qualify are welcome to apply. Former Fresh Air Fund participants are given priority.
All applicants must:
- Be either 16 or 17 years old by June 29, 2022
- Live in and go to school in one of NYC’s five boroughs
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch under the USDA income guidelines
- Have an interest in working with children and improving leadership and communication skills through workshops and hands-on activities in an outdoor setting
- Be flexible and open to trying new programs and being a cooperative member of a team
• 6 Saturdays from April 16 – May 21, 10am-4pm: At Beam Center on Governors Island, CITs will prepare for their roles at camp through woodworking and metalworking workshops and other training. (If you cannot attend the Spring dates, please reach out to Roberto – email@example.com – to discuss)
• Saturday , May 28 – Sunday, May 29: Weekend Overnight to Sharpe Reservation
• June 29 – August 3: Two 15-day sessions at camp. CITs will have some days off in between camp sessions.
CITs will be placed at one of the following camps:
Camp ABC Serves campers ages 8-15, females
Camp Hidden Valley Serves campers ages 8-15, males
Camp Junior Serves campers ages 8-15, co-ed
Camp Mariah Serves campers 11-15, co-ed
Check back soon for more information!
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com