Teen Academy FAQ
- Can I participate in more than one Teen Academy program?
- What are the stipends for each program?
- When will I receive my stipend?
- What are the in-person activities?
- How will my digital profile be protected?
- What if I can’t attend for a day?
- Do I need to have any materials?
- Is there a code of conduct for online activities?
Can I participate in more than one Teen Academy program?
You can participate in a stipend program and the Girls’ Empowerment Circle or Circle of Brotherhood. Once you are placed in a program, you can only participate in one of the programs that offer a stipend.
What are the stipends for each program?
All Teen Academy programs offer stipends which range from $500 – $1,000 depending on the time commitment required, except for the Enrichment programs which do not have a stipend.
- Job Readiness Training Program: $500
- Youth Internship Program: $1000
- Credentialing Program:
- Architecture & Urban Design: $1,000
- Environmental Education: $500
- Video Game Design: $750
- Entrepreneurship: $500 (plus the chance to win investment money!)
- Enrichment Programs: No stipend
When will I receive my stipend?
You will receive your stipend approximately two weeks after the successful completion of your program, which includes meeting the attendance and participation goals, and submitting your final project.
What are the in-person activities?
In-person activities depend on the program but are designed to support team building and create a community for participants and support the learning in your program. For example, the Entrepreneurship program may visit the Union Square Farmers Market to speak with small business owners.
How will my digital profile be protected?
All registration information and virtual profiles which participants create are stored securely in our database.
What if I can’t attend for a day?
Please let Fresh Air staff know if you need to miss a day. There are attendance and participation requirements in order to receive the stipend.
Do I need to have any materials?
A device with a working camera, microphone and access to the internet is recommended. As the program is virtual and participants will enjoy the program more if they are able to actively participate and engage.
Is there a code of conduct for online activities?
The Fund does not tolerate bullying and our staff are trained to recognize the signs of cyber-bullying and how to address it. We also take many steps to create a welcoming online community where participants respect and support one another.