Job Readiness Training Program
Program Description: A three week virtual program for 13 – 15 year-olds that meets for 15 hours a week and focuses on developing job readiness and leadership skills. Students receive training on team building and life skills, including financial literacy and effective communication.
- Journalism (Hybrid)
- Program Description: The Journalism/Media Internship program provide 16-17 year olds, with a six week hybrid experience. During the internship, there is ongoing professional development opportunities, including resume workshops and career exploration within the field of journalism and media. Teens will have an opportunity to conduct interviews and have the creative liberty to develop and complete a final project.
- CIT Program (In-Person)
- Read more here.
In collaboration with several partners, the Credentialing Program will offer a range of courses for students 13-17 years old to explore and build basic, industry-level skills and receive a certificate upon completion. The following programs will be offered:
- Video Game Design (Virtual)
- Program Description: Led by the Urban Arts Partnership, students gain an introduction to computer science through video game design and development with lessons covering animation and design, sound/music composition and narrative writing. Students will work in groups to improve their communication and collaboration skills while gaining first-hand experience in how real game studios operate. Special guest speakers include industry professionals who will provide students with insights into future careers in the game design industry, and well as representatives from City College of New York who will share about their new game design program.
- Ages: 14-17
- Entrepreneurship (Hybrid)
- Program Description: Youthful Savings is an entrepreneurial program that focuses on financial literacy and wellness, and basic business concepts, including how to gain investments and market your business. Students develop communication skills, professional business knowledge and compete for a chance to earn an investment for their own business. The program also offers access to online resources available for a year.
- Ages: 13-17
Stipends are not provided for the Enrichment Programs.
- Circle of Brotherhood (Hybrid)
- Program Description: A small mentoring group for boys to deepen friendships, form a supportive community and create safe spaces. Participants will plan two in-person gatherings
- Ages: 13-17
- Girls’ Empowerment Series (Hybrid)
- Program Description: A mentoring group for girls. The first 4 weeks focus on empowerment through the arts and feature guests who will share their personal and professional journeys. The second 4 weeks focus on deepening friendships and community. Participants will plan a day trip to Camp ABC at the end of the series.
- Ages: 13-17