- Coordinate with the Program Director to review the overall schedule for camp incorporating the Teen Leadership Program needs.
- Plan and execute all aspects of the teen leadership curriculum including training staff, scheduling workshops, assigning facilitators and reserving locations.
- Observe staff while facilitating and provide guidance, support, and evaluations throughout the summer.
- Ensure all supplies needed for Teen Leadership Program are ordered and received.
- Coordinate across camps regarding multiamp events and trainings.
- Coordinate all logistics for any off site event.
- Coordinate with the village leaders to ensure camper and staff needs are met.
- Edit curriculum to incorporate learnings and feedback from the summer
- Assume duties and responsibilities of the Camp Director/Assistant Director during his/her
- Assist the Camp Director in planning and carrying out staff orientation and in-service staff
- Explain and enforce the policies, traditions, and rules of camp.
- Manage interpersonal and operational conflicts amongst campers, counselors and other members of the camp community.
- Assume responsibility for safety and well-being of campers.
- Assist in the evaluation and record keeping of staff and campers.
- Oversee vehicle performance checks and daily usage logs.
- Coordinate with the Program Director in matters that are of mutual responsibility.
- Address stressful situations appropriately in a fast-paced, interactive environment.
- Understand that campers come first and decisions should be made in the best interest of the campers.
- Be an active member of the camp community by participating in camp programming including camp-wide events, overnights, hikes, swimming, activities, and village meetings. This includes but is not limited to: going on hikes in the woods on camp property and going in the water during swimming activities. At times, lifting heavy objects may be necessary.
- Demonstrate a caring, supportive, and professional demeanor, including avoiding fraternizing with general staff while on/off duty.
- Strive to work in a cooperative manner with fellow staff to achieve goals of the program.
- Invest time with campers and staff to meet their needs, challenge their capabilities, and serve as a role model during their time at camp.
- Understand that the position involves living in cabins with little to no privacy and eating all meals with campers in a large, noisy dining room. Time off during each encampment will be arranged by a supervisor.
- Assume responsibility for the use and care of camp equipment and facilities.
- Be totally familiar with emergency procedures and follow them when necessary.
- Additional responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of camp.
- At least three years of college or equivalent is preferred. College graduates are strongly
- Should have extensive experience as a general counselor or staff member in a residential camp
setting. Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Must be able to supervise in a fair and diplomatic manner.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Interested in working and living in the outdoors for the summer.
- Emotionally mature with a willingness to work as a team player.
- Flexible and willing to accept challenges and step outside comfort zone.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk or hear.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move equipment and supplies weighing 20+ pounds.
- Comfortable with being exposed to wet, humid, and hot/very hot conditions.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- Available for the entire duration of the summer program.
Employment Period: June 13, 2022 – August 3, 2022.
Compensation: Salaries are $3,000 – $3,500 and are commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit an application at: https://freshairfund.workbrightats.com/jobs/. We are hiring on a rolling basis and encourage interested applicants to apply as early as possible. No calls or recruiters, please.
The Fresh Air Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations, and communities to apply.