- Assigned to work with a specific cabin group, campstead or village to assist General Counselors in providing 24-hour-a-day direct supervision, leadership and guidance to twelve campers.
- Junior Counselors are never left alone in charge of a group or with an individual camper but will assist counselors with the group when necessary and as assigned.
- Take over short-term group responsibilities under supervision of a counselor and/or administrator.
- Participate in weekly ongoing leadership training program.
- Understand that campers come first and decisions should be made in the best interest of campers.
- Live in a cabin with campers and co-counselors for the full duration of each camp session. Time off will be arranged by the Village Leader and off-camp time off is allowed only when accompanied by an Administrator.
- Be an active member of the camp community by participating in all camp programming including camp-wide events, overnights, hikes, swimming, ropes courses, activities, and village meetings.
- Strive to work in a cooperative manner with fellow staff to achieve goals of the program.
- Explain and enforce the policies, traditions and rules of camp.
- Invest time with campers to meet their needs, challenge their capabilities, and serve as a role model during their time at camp.
- Assume responsibility for the use and care of camp equipment and facilities.
- Be totally familiar with emergency procedures and follow them when necessary.
$1,600 plus room and board
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must be a Counselor-in-Training program graduate.
- Prior experience working with children is required.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Interested in working and living in the outdoors for the summer.
- Emotionally mature with a willingness to work as a team player.
- Flexible and willing to accept challenges and step outside comfort zone.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Available for the entire duration of the summer program.