- Provide 24-hour-a-day direct supervision, leadership and guidance to twelve campers with assigned co-counselor.
- Assume responsibility for campers’ safety and well-being.
- Live in a cabin with 6-12 campers and co-counselors for the full duration of each camp session. Time off during each encampment will be arranged by a supervisor.
- Understand that campers come first and decisions should be made in the best interest of campers.
- Plan the overall activities for the village with camper input.
- Be an active member of the camp community by participating in all camp programming including camp-wide events, overnights, hikes, swimming, ropes courses, activities, and village meetings.
- Maintain records on each camper to help evaluate their needs, goals and progress during their camp experience.
- Strive to work in a cooperative manner with fellow staff to achieve goals of the program.
- Explain and enforce the policies, traditions and rules of camp.
- Invest time with campers to meet their needs, challenge their capabilities and serve as a role model during their time at camp.
- Assume responsibility for the use and care of camp equipment and facilities.
- Be totally familiar with emergency procedures and follow them when necessary.
Salaries start at $2,200 and include room and board.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of camp.
- At least one year of college is preferred but must have a high school diploma by the summer.
- A minimum of one-year experience working with children is required.
- Passionate about working with children.
- Interested in working and living in the outdoors for the summer.
- Emotionally mature with a willingness to work as a team player.
- Flexible and willing to accept challenges and step outside comfort zone.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Available for the entire duration of the summer program.