To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should not complete the staff application on our website unless you are interested in applying for a camp staff position as well.
- Responsible for supporting the technology used at camp which includes Windows, Chrome OS and Apple computers, laser printers, network hardware and AV support.
- Manager and maintain approximately 110 computers, along with all peripherals, applications and associated technology.
- Scan summer camper forms into database at the end of each camp session.
- Participate in project work directed by NYC-based IT team.
- Excellent opportunity for recent Computer Science graduates to gain professional experience.
- Must be available for a 40-hour work week during the contract period. For non-local candidates, housing is available during employment.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting Windows-based desktop and laptop PCs and Macs including troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs and Macs. Computer Science majors or recent graduates with less experiences will be considered.
- Experience with wireless networks especially troubleshooting connectivity.
- Experience installing software, patches and updates.
- Experience troubleshooting basic printing problems.
- Familiarity with basic programming and/or web design.
- Ability to interact with users of varying skill levels.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Willingness to work in a children’s camp environment.
- Current driver’s license required.